The hidden dangers of the informal economy – McKinsey Quarterly – Economic Studies – Productivity & Performance: “Research by the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) has found these beliefs to be untrue. Rather than getting smaller, the informal economy is growing in many countries. Over the past ten years, MGI has studied informality within a variety of industries in a range of different countries, including Brazil, India, Poland, Portugal, Russia, and Turkey. MGI found that the substantial cost advantage that informal companies gain by avoiding taxes and regulations more than offsets their low productivity and small scale. Competition is therefore distorted because inefficient informal players stay in business and prevent more productive, formal companies from gaining market share. Any short-term employment benefits of informality are thus greatly outweighed by its long-term negative impact on economic growth and job creation.”
DisclaimerQuanto riportato in questo blog riflette solo le mie personali opinioni e non coinvolge in alcun modo le strutture presso le quali opero (Politecnico di Milano e CEFRIEL) o con le quali collaboro.
- Comment on A proposito di cadute dal pero … by jovenal
- Comment on La paura di cambiare affossa l’innovazione by Aldo
- Comment on Titoli buffi by Mattia
- Comment on Lo sguardo rivolto al passato by Marco
- Comment on Politecnico, studenti e internazionalizzazione by Maurizio
- Comment on Valorizzare il Made in Italy, sul serio by Madeinitalyfor.me
- Comment on Valorizzare il Made in Italy, sul serio by Roberto B.
- Comment on Ma se fosse accaduto l’opposto? by maurizio marchetta
- Comment on Ma se fosse accaduto l’opposto? by Alberto
- Comment on Tutti parlano di USA ma poi scordano … by gianluca